ACP Training—Staying at the Forefront
CHC's Transport Canada-certified Approved Check Pilot (ACP) courses educate both fixed- and rotary-wing pilots on the latest developments in performance of flight evaluations. The English speaking courses focus on the process of conducting flight and pilot proficiency checks, including:
- Pre-flight activities including the flight-check briefing.
- Flight-check and associated performance standards upon which flight-check sequences are assessed.
- Post-flight activities including debriefing and completion of flight-check documentation.
The Initial Transport Canada ACP Delegation of Authority expires on the first day of the thirteenth (13th) month following the date of issue. All renewal authorities expire on the first day of the thirty-seventh (37th) month following the date of renewal.
ACP Course Prerequisites
Please review the prerequisites (PDF) information carefully as it will help you determine your eligibility for a Transport Canada Approved Check Pilot Delegation.
CHC ACP Courses
We offer the following ACP training programs:
- ACP Initial with Practical
Six days (Monday to Saturday)
The ACP Initial with Practical Course emphasizes instrument flight rules and procedures.
- It includes a practical application segment where course participants perform two flight-check grading sessions. For a candidate who has never previously held a delegation of authority, but is seeking an IFR delegation.
- For an IFR ACP whose delegation has lapsed more than 3 years.
- ACP Initial - Theory Only and ACP Recurrent (courses run concurrently)
Four days (Monday to Thursday)
The ACP Initial – Theory Only/Recurrent Course provides an update of the approved check-pilot program, including: policy and procedural changes, check-pilot issues arising from the ACP Workshop, and other information pertinent to flight checking. Participants will grade a series of flight-check scenarios.
- For a candidate who has never previously held a delegation of authority, but is seeking a VFR delegation.
- ACP Recurrent
- For IFR or VFR renewal (Recurrent has the same content as Initial - Theory only).
All classroom instruction is conducted at our training facility near Vancouver International Airport - South Terminal. Practical training is conducted at Abbotsford Airport.
Note: This is not a DFTE course. Please contact Transport Canada for more information about DFTE requirements and training.
2017 CHC ACP Course Calendar (PDF)
Course Registration & Payment
2017 Course Registration Form (PDF)
2017 Course Payment and Cancellation Policy (PDF)
Pre-Course Assignment (Mandatory)
Anyone attending either the initial or recurrent ACP course MUST complete the pre-course assignment (PDF) before arriving. The document contains the assignment plus necessary IFR plates and materials. The IFR plates are in both Jeppesen and Canadian CAP versions. Either one may be used.
CAP CYZZ ILS RWY 07
CYXX Abbotsford Eight Dep CYXX8
CYXX Aerodrome Chart
CYXX Departure Procedure
CZBB RNAV GNSS RWY 30
IFR Low Chart
ICAO Doc 8168 Vol. 1
Transport Canada ACP Manual
Transport Canada ACP Bulletins
We value and appreciate your feedback! If you have completed an ACP course with us, please take some time to fill out the survey.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.